Friday, March 21, 2008

Wildlife

So far, we have seen many cows and many dogs (cute, sad ones), a few camels, a donkey, some yaks on the road to Agra as well as some wild boars (Mama Boar and Baby Boar), a kitten on our terrace, some parrakeets, gazelles, chipmunks, two gheckos, horses and a single mosquito. And this is after three days in Delhi with one of them spent on the road to Agra (Taj Mahal). Notoriously absent in this list you might notice are rats and cockroaches. It is like a damn safari.
Everybody told me about the beggars but nobody warned me of the dogs. I am not a dog-lover, but my heart absolutely breaks at the sight of these dogs that are everywhere and much more omnipresent than the beggars. I wonder if the city has a neutering programme and whether it is effective at all. I cannot even imagine what it must be like for dog lovers... Under a truck we saw a mother and her cute fuzzy puppies nursing. Adorable and sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment