Friday, December 16, 2005

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!


Its a snow day! A real honest-to-goodness snow day made even more real by the fact that I had an 8:30 appoitment at an elementary school to work on rubrics with a group of teachers and it was cancelled due to snow! I heard it on the radio. Needless to say, I felt about 8 years-old (no big change there actually) and still do, although my adult self has taken over somewhat with guilt about possibly not hunkering down and working all day (icky!) but instead drinking white tea and trimming the tree (fun!). Outside, people are trying to make it up Victoria, some of them clearly with all-season tires. I feel like taking out my megaphone (don't have one) and shouting out my window: "You live in Canada! More specifically, in Montreal, the metropolis that gets the most snow in the Northeast! Get winter tires, you morons."

Even though every day is a gift, this one really feels like it. I need to harness that feeling.

2 comments:

  1. Hehehe seems like we used the same title for a similar post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sure did! I'm still singing it in my head!

    ReplyDelete