Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Sleeping in here

"You'll be sleeping in here" He gestured to a mattress neatly laid on the floor. "Yes, thank you" I replied, rather meekly. The sheets were dark and masculine, colours that I would never have picked myself. I'll be cold, I thought, how lucky to have brought my sleeping bag after all. I put down my stuff. "Thank you" I said again. The closet door was half open and I nudged it with my foot. A semi-awkward silence ensued. Along the far wall, an ironing board took up the space in front of the window and there were vertical blinds shut tight. I'd have to open them before I went to bed, since I hate waking up in the dark. "So I guess I'd better change now..." I trailed off. "Yes. Right. Ok." He left then and I sank to my knees on the carpet to open my suitcase. My pajamas were there and my toothbrush. I put them on and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I padded back and crawled into bed, pulling my sleeping bag up to my neck. "You ok in there?" He came in. "just let me know if you need anything. Are you cold? We can move you, you know. Just say the word." I said I was fine I guessed. I turned out the light and watched him walk away, taking one last look over his shoulder. I lay back in the dark, my sleeping bag rustling as I shifted.

1 comment:

  1. Eh ben c'est fou les gens qu'on peut trouver quand on se donne la peine de chercher un peu sur Blogger! ;)

    Félicitation pour ton blogue... À bientôt j'espère!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete